M3 Fighting Knife Utica Cutlery Co. Blade Marked USM8A1 BM Co Scabbard
During WWII a total of 9 different manufacturers produced the M3 Trench Knife. After 1945 production for these blades for war purposes ceased. The M3 was eventually phased out for the M4 bayonet. The M4 bayonet was used for the M1 Carbine.
- Aerial (Aerial Cutlery Mfg. Co.) – 51,784
- Boker (H. Boker & Co.) – 31,300
- Camillus (Camillus Cutlery Co.) – 402,909
- Case (W.R. Case & Sons) – 300,465
- Imperial (Imperial Knife Co.) – 854,015
- Kinfolks (Kinfolks Inc.) – 135,548
- Pal (Pal Blade & Tool Co.) – 121,131
- Robeson (Robeson Cutlery Co.) – 36,575
- Utica (Utica Cutlery Co.) – 656,520
Total Production was about 2,590,247 M3 Trench Knives produced.